ABOUT APEX PREDATOR MMA
Rudy Vidaurri, Owner & Head Coach
Rudy Vidaurri is an American born submission fighter and coach who’s experience spans the disciplines of Brazilian Jiu Jitsu, MMA, Boxing, Chute Boxe, Vale Tudo, Shotokan Karate, Muay Thai Kickboxing and Street Fighting.
His father, who was a dominant Judoka, put Rudy on the mat at the age of 4, which kickstarted a love for training and a career which has seen him compete at such events as the World Championships of Brazilian Jiu Jitsu, The Pan American Championships of Brazilian Jiu Jitsu and share the cage with some of the best Ultimate Fighters the sport has ever seen.
Rudy has medaled at a variety of high profile submission fighting tournaments including the US Open Championship of Brazilian Jiu Jitsu, The Abu Dhabi Las Vegas Submission Fighting Championships and the North American Grappling Association Championships.
Rudy also competed in a variety of unsanctioned cage fights against UFC and WEC fighters holding his own and making a name for himself as a ground and pound artist who prides himself on his base and balance both in life and on the mat.
Additionally, Rudy has a background as a year-round competitive swimmer, where he was a 4-year varsity letterman in high school and helped his team to a CIF Championship gold medal as a sophomore.
He would later go onto swim at the division 1-AA level in college and ultimately his swimming career culminated with an individual medal from the Masters National Championships of Swimming, followed by 2 relay medals from the Masters World Championships of Swimming one year later.
His experience as a dual threat athlete and fighter has helped to create a work ethic and standard which he applies in his fitness and martial arts training routinely.
He also is a 2x author of the cookbooks Amazing Mexican Favorites with Your Instant Pot (which ranked as a #1 New Release BEST SELLER!) and Low-Carb Cooking with Your Instant Pot – and he practices a real food lifestyle to keep in the very best shape. Because he knows what it takes to be the best, he makes it his mission to make everyone he trains be the very best they can be.
He is now blessed with the opportunity to parlay his battles and 37 years competitive experience into his very own dojo – Apex Predator Mixed Martial Arts. Because he grew up near the Rancho Cordova neighborhood of Sacramento, he can now give back to the community he grew up in, teaching others about his life lessons and the sport he loves.
Rudy currently resides in Sacramento, CA with his wife and children.
Apex Predator MMA is a martial arts dojo located in Rancho Cordova, CA and serves the Greater Sacramento area.
Whether you are looking to get in shape through personal training or through our group classes, we invite you to come work hard and get results as part of our community!
A little more about us:
- We offer a variety of options to fit your training needs – whether that’s group kickboxing classes, private training or online Zoom classes.
- Our 1500 square foot facility has a retail area, member cubbies, 2 restrooms with changing facilities, central heat and air conditioning (for the hot summer heat!) and front and back glass doors for cross-ventilation (better air quality!).
- We are an all-natural, chemical-free gym, dedicated to using safe, eco-friendly cleaning supplies and products. In lieu of the recent pandemic, we routinely fog the indoor premises with a non-toxic, eco-friendly, botanical antimicrobial fogging cleaner that’s made in the USA.
- Top of the line equipment and we have lots of it!
- Our staff is made up of highly experienced and qualified individuals to help you reach your goals.
Check out the class schedule here.
* QUESTIONS? TEXT or CALL 916-718-3704 for the fastest response or email at email@example.com.